Originally Posted By: jford
And interestingly, "There's A Kind Of Hush" brings Herman's Hermits to mind for me (although Karen Carpenter did a great job on it as well).

Well, this is an education. I have just listened to that version. Nice. I suppose it boils down to who you listened to growing up and I grew up listening to a lot of Carpenters!

Originally Posted By: receder

I remember buying Mary Black's Shine album and playing it non-stop for months (love her track Katie). I notice that she has a best of album out with a track called Sonny by Mary Black, Emmylou Harris and Dolores Keane (I listened to this online and one of them sounds remarkably like you Joanne).

Love Mary Black. I do a cover of Sonny. Have been listening to Mary Black's 25 years 25 songs. Katie is definitely a winner. I am going to try and learn that one. Also love Wonder Child and Rose of Allendale.

Originally Posted By: receder

I love "Mother of Mine" too. As well as Neil Reid's version, Hayley Westenra did a lovely rendition.

Jez

Have just listened to Hayley Westenra's version. What a voice!
Funnily enough many of those songs are on my "shortish list" that I am brainstormed recently for my next album. Here it is for interests sake. (Only going to be starting this in 2017)

1. Mr Tambourine man
2. Greensleeves
3. Four strong winds
4. Tomorrow is a long time
5. 500 miles
6. I know I'll never find another you
7. Amazing grace
8. Scarborough fair
9. Mother of Mine
10. Sonny
11. Perhaps love
12. The Carnival is Over
13. Its only a paper moon
14. Somewhere over the rainbow
15. Hello in there
16. Tecumseh Valley
17. Angel from Montgomery
18. Mr Bojangles
19. Teach your children
20. Early morning rain
21. Blowin' in the wind
23. Edelweiss
24. I could have danced all night
25. The water is wide
26. Wayfaring stranger

Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
Ps. the dog on the cover is too cute...

Hi Will, that would be my gorgeous dog Findlay who always accompanies me on all my photo and video shoots.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/