Notes, those people who buy tracks, at least in my experience, take that path because they are not musicians, just singers. They simply CAN'T make their own tracks. There is a duo in my area that does this. They are both very good singers, but not players at all. Both of these gals know that their voice is their instrument. The problem is that they acquire only free backing tracks, many of which are quite poorly performed, and 2 outstanding female voices sing over very sloppy tracks.

I will always be in the school that if you want horns and backing vocals, hire some of those musicians and singers that are home and would rather be working. In my area though, clubs are so cheap that bands defer to the gods of the dollar sign and cheap out. The majority of bands around here are trios with a front singer, and nobody else can sing. Rarely do you see a keyboard player. Thus we have a LOT of bands that play with sweetening tracks. As soon as I hear vocals or keyboards or horns that are not on stage, I leave.

But that's just me and I am somewhat of an elitist snob when it comes to music.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.