Joe V,

Sometimes the recording that is original to you (i.e. the first recording of the song you heard) is NOT the original song recording.

Many artists re-record a song the artist help make famous. Sometimes because the artist does not own the performance copyright and other times because the artist recorded multiple versions but only one was released at the time the song was popular. Randy VanWarmer wrote "Just When I Needed You Most" and recorded it as a pop song in 1979 and rerecorded the song as a country song. Country artists Tim McGraw and Dolly Parton also have had hits with the song. BJ Thomas had a huge crossover hit (pop, rock and country) with the Hank Williams song, "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry". The hit version had horns and violin backing tracks. An alternate release was intended for the country audience. It replaced the horns with pedal steel guitar but did not sell.

A song sometimes is so good the song will be recorded by multiple artists. Examples include "Mother Nature's Son" by The Beatles & John Denver or "Got To Get You In My Life" by The Beatles & Earth, Wind and Fire. Guitar player Duane Eddy had an instrumental hit with the Peter Gunn theme song in 1959 and again in collaboration with musical group The Art Of Noise in 1986. All are excellent song versions but you most likely favor one version over the other of each song.

So when you ask how close to the original can BiaB get; which original are you asking about? smile

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home