Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I knew it was a technique they planned to use, yes. But I have not seen any coverage of any difficulty. One would think CNET would be all over this.

So did I. I think there's little coverage about this because it's rarely an issue but for those like Notes it's a "wow" for sure. Nothing is perfect, MS is dealing with hundreds of millions of systems and that number is growing every day and it's obviously cost effective to piggyback user's systems to push the updates out. Yeah, I know but they did give away well over a hundred million Win 10 OS's and the vast majority of those have fast enough internet. All I can say is nothing is truly free. An automatic solution could be to have the system detect the internet speed and bypass that specific computer for this. This is yet another example of what I've been saying for years.

You gotta be an informed computer nerd in the modern world.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.