SFG,

It seems you and I share many of the same thoughts about the advancement path Band-in-a-Box should follow. However we express our thoughts differently.

Dr. Gannon,

An option to up-convert exported audio to 24 bits would be nice. Having the option to purchase future audio releases in native 24 bit depth is preferable. Forum user, Zedd, states the reason much better than I can in his response to my ++ wishlist request for 24 bit Audiophile RealTracks ++

Quote:
I would also really appreciate this.

I was just doing tests this past week and importing BIAB tracks into my DAW where I always work at 24bit/48kHz. There is a noticeable degradation of the BIAB bedtracks because the upsampling adds some slur to the tracks. It's not a huge degradation, but some of the crispness is gone.

If I work with them at 16bit/44.1kHz then all of my added guitars, vocals, percussion and any other instruments will be at the lower quality, which I don't want to do, so it becomes a tradeoff.

It would certainly be nice if we didn't have to degrade the quality of the BIAB Audiophile tracks as soon as we're ready to start working with them outside of BIAB.

Last edited by Jim Fogle; 12/05/16 03:36 PM. Reason: Add quote and link

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home