I got the new BIAB 2017 Everything package on Wednesday and installed it yesterday. It was probably the most difficult install of BIAB I've ever done and I've had this program for at least 20 years. But I'm not saying the problem was related to BIAB...actually I don't know, but I DO know it took me nearly 6 HOURS to get it installed correctly and working properly.

The culprit, it seems, was NORTON ANTI-VIRUS, provided by Xfinity and updated regularly. I don't normally have antivirus software on my music computers since they aren't allowed to even know there's an internet much less access it. But the computer on which I installed BIAB 2017 does access the web for uploading to SoundCloud, accessing the BIAB forums, and keeping BIAB updated primarily. Here is the problem:

Norton AV thinks the sforzando SFZ Synth installer is a virus and deletes it from the BIAB hard drive!!! It happened twice during the install on two different computers so I know it's the culprit. Simply turning off Norton during the install (I've never had to do this before)will not work. Because when you turn it back on it will find the file...and delete it.

You must EXCLUDE the sforzando SFZ Synth installer file from AV scans inside Norton first, which is easy enough to do. It would probably be a good idea to just EXCLUDE any folder that has BIAB files. There were other BIAB files that were deleted after the install but I was able to restore and exclude them. Not so with the sforzando SFZ Synth installer. I had to download a fresh copy from the PG Music site and copy it to the BIAB hard drive.

But all of the above was the easy part. I'm guessing NORTON compromised the entire install process as I discovered later that REAL TRACKS 254 - 277 did NOT install during the process. I used "What Add-Ons Do I Have" in BIAB to check the install and the Download Manager to confirm this and download and install the missing REAL TRACKS.

I was tempted to blow NORTON to the moon after this fiasco and I may still get my revenge today. Yeah, I'm nursing a grudge! Nobody messes with my BIAB! NOBODY! cool