I've been a fan of Craig Anderton for a long time. Back in the late 70's I had a little 4 track studio (Tascam 40-4) in my house. I really liked the DIY attitude that he showed in Electronic Projects for Musicians. Still think of some of the ideas I read there and elsewhere for making certain sounds...

Which brings me to this question (sorry if it should have been posted in another thread, or a new thread...):

I'd like to record samples of a tankdrum (made from a LP gas cylinder) so that I can use it in recordings. As it is, the notes aren't quite in tune. So I'm looking for a software sampler that will allow me to record individual notes, then clean them up and play them back with a MIDI keyboard. If you know what I mean?

If you remember the old Casio keyboard of 30 years ago (SK-1?) that let you record a sound and then play it back with any key?... That's essentially what I'd like to do, but with a software sampler instead.

I've dowloaded several samplers, but frankly, they all work differently and I'd like some advice first before getting into that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Jim

BIAB 2020 with Reaper 6, on an AMD 8 core CPU, 16GB RAM, 240 GB SSD and 1 TB HD. Retired and trying to make some serious music, before Arthur Ritis spoils the fun.