My problem has never been writing songs, it's not losing them. I've probably written a thousand or more sure fire hits (in my mind) while driving in my car with inspiration coming from a rattle, constant humming rhythm or some other noise. Great hooks and lyric phrases have popped into my head only to mysteriously disappear an hour later when I'm home and try to recall what I knew to be such a great write.

I recall seeing in a documentary that one of the early Bee Gees disco monster hits came about as they began singing over the repetitive rhythm sound of their car crossing a bridge in Miami every day driving to the recording studio.

On one occasion, I woke during the night immediately after dreaming about a song and was able to record the complete song and lyrics, chord progression down. The song was recorded several years later on my band's 1975 album.

Nearly everyone I know sings aloud making up jingles and pieces of songs, changing lyrics to a popular song they're listening to on the radio. They just never try to write in a serious manner. They don't think they have the talent.

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/11/16 02:55 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.