Originally Posted By: bykhed01
I'm trying to use a Yeti Blue (silver) USB microphone with Real Band. I'm using the MME driver. When I first start Real Band with the song for which I am recording lyrics I can hear myself through the mic and see Real Band mixer signal rise and fall as I speak or sing. Upon starting to record Real Band starts flaking out, stopping, stuttering which at this point the application is totally locked up, have to use Task Manager to kill it. Tried 3x, same results. Any suggestions?

Doing some more investigation. Ran into same problem with this song I'm working on with the tried and true Audiobox USB with real mic.

OK.... the first 2 sentences said it all. A USB mic and MME. Essentially, a USB mic is it's own sound card and then you're also trying to get the on-board card to work using MME which just happens to be the worst choice for a driver in a multitrack environment possible.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that this rig crashes.

My suggestion. Use the correct tools for the job you are trying to do. Invest in 2 things.
1. A dedicated external soundcard/interface that runs the ASIO driver for audio and has audio preamps and phantom power.
2. Purchase a decent non-USB condenser mic.

Doing just those 2 things will normally solve the issues you are having.

USB mics are OK for some things but they tend to create issues in multitrack recording and playback. Even if you could get it to work without crashing, the 2 sound cards are not "clocked up" or synched so there's a possibility of tracks drifting out of time with each other.

Get the right tools and that should resolve the issue.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.