I'm a simple guy and often the RDs are too much for me, full kits. Say I just want a sidestick. No high-hat, on kick drum, almost just a metronome with one instrument. The shakers and the tambourines tracks are good examples of existing RDs where only one instrument is used.

Honestly, I've researched and watched the videos, but only get pointed back to the full RT selections and Partmakers. I understand them and that Partmakers contain drum controls, but again they don't limit the instruments to just one.

Is there a particular RD track that has a simple sidestick or is there a way to create one?

Right now I'm using _CPPBSAJ.STY Solo Acousting Piano Ballad Slow, ev8, 4/4, at 64bpm. I've tried several of the Nashville RDs, the Praise styles, and they would probably be great if I could isolate a snare or a stick or whatever I want. I'm aware of the RD choices in the Partmakers, and I do use those, and I've also tried removing all the Partmakers, to create a separate drum track just for the DAW so there is no change anywhere, but it still does not limit the number of instruments.

I've been making my own tracks manually, like copy a few pristine sidestick strike (1/4 note?), paste them in a DAW track, separate them...place each on the desired 1/4 note,...takes a long time, and I have to create a new one if I change the beat, and it's is dependent on me placing each note on the beat very precisely, then merge them as one track, which works but takes a lot of adjusting.

Help?

Thank you.

Andy

BIAB 2017 Ultra
Windows 8 and 10
Scarlet 18i8
Reaper and Mixpad