I got a new, bigger office desk (physical), took everything apart, cleaned up the floor under the old desk, put in the new desk and connected all the computers/hubs/drives again.

Tried to backup last night and it wouldn't. Same for Microsoft SyncToy (which I use to backup data separately from the full disk backup). The error message came and went quickly but I think I noticed the drive connecting and disconnecting. Not sure because as soon as I turned my head it was back on. The drive is connected to a 7 port USB hub.

I'm confident that I found the source to be a bad USB connection to my USB hub with my external drives connected. I'm about 90% sure because now it is accessing the disk without dropping. Last night it didn't always recognize the disk.

After cleaning the connections with DeoxIT I checked the internal and external drives for errors and found none (using the tool in Properties). I googled and read that if there are bad sectors, Win10 will go into a read-only mode to protect itself.

Problem is all my folders turned themselves into read-only and after I undo that, they revert back to read-only.

Using properties, sometimes the read only square will just disappear after hitting apply, sometimes it will go through the motions taking a few minutes to complete, and as soon as I go back, the folder says read only again but the files are no longer read-only (actually, now I'm not sure if they ever were).

Well, I tried SyncToy this morning, and it appears to be working. I have an early gig so I won't try a backup now. That tells me the problem is probably solved.

EXCEPT THIS: The folders (not the files) still say Read Only in Properties (square completely filled in).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks