I am looking for some advice on what to look for to achieve a better sounding soft synth. My feeling is both synths that come with this package is....well marginal at best.I have tried them with some of the super midi and they sound ok,but limited on my instrument selection and quality.RealTracks sound great but I am also reaching for more to customize my backing tracks. I play electric bass and enjoy playing a variety if genre's, but mostly smooth jazz/funk blues and country. I have listened to the synth demos PG has provided on the other software page,and seems each synth has a strong suite.My preference would be to keep using BIAB/RB as I am new to this and have never used any other daw software. I guess I just need to understand a bit more about the limitations of soft synths and what to watch out for to use this program. Where do I expand my library for quality midi files? Are there quality programs that I should look at to compliment BIAB/RB?
I realize this is a loaded question as to the open checkbook...but I am a bit of a tight wad. grin

BIAB 2020 Ultrapak HP Elitebook 8770W Intel I7 2.3GHz 12GB
Windows 10pro 64Bit