Also keep in mind, there are many different kinds of synthesis. The main ones: subtractive (typical analog types), PCM (sample based), FM (typical of some of the earlier digitals), and others (additive, wavetable, phase distortion, sample modeling).

Even if you have the exact same synth as I, small changes in oscillators, filters and envelopes can make big differences. Then as the sound is produced another set of parameters such as attack, delay, sustain and release come into play. And finally, a set of external parameters such as reverb, tremolo, chorus and others can come into play.

There are literally hundreds of parameters that can make up a particular patch. I used to rack my brain trying to duplicate certain sounds, so much so I went for long periods making no music at all, just focusing on the technology of synthesis. Now days I just buy and load the sounds I need.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3