So I am a bit old school, from the first days of BIAB. Back then it sounded nowhere as real as it does now, BUT it had a huge menu of modern jazz (The real stuff: Bebop, Hard Bop, Cool and other straight ahead styles). Now 2 decades later I return to see this universe of a platform: real tracks, real styles and on and on. As I sort through all this, desperately looking for ways to harness all this power to simply produce backing tracks fo myself in the style of the classic quartets of Bird, Trane, Dextor, Rollins, Miles etc, all I can find is endless confusing stuff that seems more suited to producing various hybrids and versions of big band, smooth jaz, Dixieland, pop jazz, rock jazz, acid jazz and even Michael Bubble like albums (not knocking him, he's a great musician). Now dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a modern jazz snob, and no offense intended to those who are into all these various options, I'm just looking to do my thing, and produce hard swinging straight ahead jazz recordings of my playing (I'm a Modern Jazz Clarinet Player, think Defranco, Daniels, Scott, Robinson). It's for this reason I stick with stuff like Abersold, Session Band and RealBand. So do I give up on BIAB, or is there an easy way to harness all this power to produce the stuff I'm into with the realism that it offers.

Last edited by Joseph Cannavo; 01/13/17 03:46 AM.

Joseph P Cannavo
Not everything can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.