Since I'm being quoted I'll attempt to clarify my thoughts - at the high risk of further confusing things smile

So here are some free flowing random observations:

- We experiment with many genres but our heart is deeply into the blues. Commercial viability and blues? Hahahaha. Many of our favorite artists' songs have a long solo for an intro.

- Sure, it's very cool when folks favorably comment on a song we post. We hugely appreciate anybody who takes their time to listen and comment. And we respect the many folks who likely don't enjoy what we are doing. But thoughts of commercial viability do not drive what we do in any shape, fashion or form. We do what we like. Period. And that's the fun part of it. Play around with ole school country, blues, reggae, rockabilly, rock, bluegrass, genre melds and just have fun.

- During our many years of gigging in our bluegrass band we pretty much played the songs that folks wanted to hear and performed them within the structure that was expected. And that got stunningly boring after a while. So with BiaB we can do what we want to and if it happens to resonate with a kindred spirit that is wonderful and if doesn't we are still having fun.

- Making music comprises a small amount of our time - we put together about one J&B song a month -- and enjoy our collaborations. But it's not something that we deal with or even think about on a daily basis. Like our love of mountain biking and hiking music is just one of the fun factors of our life. Write on demand, sweat viability, worry about acceptance? No way. Not for us. But in no way do we disparage those who take and are successful with other approaches.

- FWIW I would never kill a song because the intro is too long or the lyric doesn't immediately "hook" me. We love the human voice - it's our favorite instrument. We want to listen to it and see if it has the most important aspect to us... soul. If that element is there we can live with a mundane lyric. Now soul and a killer lyric...oh yeah!

All with the usual old guy two cents worth.

Bud