Hi All and Happy Weekend to Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and getting ready to use BIAB 2016 so have a lot of homework to do with familiarizing myself. I had BIAB way back in 2001 but the software has come a long way since then.

Although I was familiar with BIAB as well as using hardware sequencers and VS series of recording workstations, I've only been doing totally "In The Box" DAW stuff for about three years. My first batch of mixes then...compared to what I do now...SUCKS!! (LOL!)

So I've been wondering how best to import older stems to BIAB and do remixes. Anyway, here's some questions:
1.) Can BIAB interpret wave files? (so I can import stems and experiment with different real tracks (oops wrong wording? sorry)
2.) Importing midi for solo tracks? For example if I create a lead guitar solo on my midi keyboard, can I import that to BIAB and experiment with the different real tracks/sounds in the same manner as I experiment with different amp simulators in my DAW for tone?
3.) Working with reference tracks in BIAB and Real Band?
Can I just leave imported reference tracks alone while making adjustments in BIAB and Real Band?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Once I have the software installed (new computer coming) I will be a bit better with description of questions than now. Sorry if I'm confusing folks.