Well Big John.... Welcome.

Come on in, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Your question about where to upload your song files was answered. Most sites need MP3 formatted files. If you can, use the 320kbs sample rate. Back off that only if the song site has a maximum file size and 320kbs puts you over the limit. And upload the higher kbs mp3 even if the site says they compress to 128. Trust me on that one.

Sites like Box and Dropbox let you load waves. I haven't used either of those in a while so I'm assuming they still allow wave audio.

Next... you need a synth because midi by itself doesn't make any noise. You need the synth to change that data into music. Most folks use either TTS or Coyote depending on which one you have on the machine already. Both are about equal in sound quality, meaning they're not the worst but there's a bunch of better options. HOWEVER... I have TTS set as my default midi synth for BB. I use my better synths in my DAW in the production stage of the process.

As far as real tracks.... yes... they are audio, not midi. Depending on the style you selected, you may have a totally midi style, you may have a totally real track style, or you might have a combination of both in the style. You need that synth loaded so that if the style you selected has midi in it... perhaps the bass line or drums are midi, it will play like it's supposed to play and not be missing the midi tracks. In those sorts of combo tracks, you can opt to load a real track in place of the midi. It's just that the RT didn't fit with the style so midi was selected for that style.

Hopefully I splained that good and clear.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.