Funny, to me that's not a tip or trick, lassoing the notes is regular usage. Just click on the Help button in the piano roll window, it's all there and there's a vid on this too.

The only problem here is when the midi is a drum track and you're trying to change the velocity of one note like the snare for example. That one note is buried by the other notes hitting at the same time.

What I do then is use the piano keys on the left. If the note I want to change is a Bb hit Bb on the piano key. That turns all the Bb's to red for the entire track then I'll scroll until I can find an isolated Bb midi note and use that to change the velocity for all of them. If I can't find one sometimes I can find one where the Bb is on top of the other hits and drag that one note just a bit to the side so I can work with it to change all the velocities and then move it back.

If that fails then simply create a new Bb note in an open area where you can see it, hit the Bb piano key again and use that new Bb to change all of them then delete it.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.