Originally Posted By: rharv
There's already an excess of communication avenues available, to me anyway, to be adding more.
I completely agree with you on that sentiment. And, having said that, I definitely don't want this (or any online) forum to become my 'ritualistic morning paper' either, as it were, which might become the case if I was to go here to actively search, like you suggested in your counter-argument.
I'd thus much prefer if my points of interests in this forum - which in this case would be the mention of my name - could be something I could subscribe to. I mean, I can already subscribe to specific threads and even entire forum sections as I see fit, so I don't see the big threat of annoyance by having this option too. That'll make this thing still firmly mine to control, I'm in the driving seat all the way to be 'bothered' by this forum as much as I myself would like (or not!) = Absolutely still the 'volunteer' place, as you put it.
Originally Posted By: rharv
I'd also likely opt out of this feature as well .. not that it matters
Oh, but it does. I hope you weren't suggesting that once a suggestion had got a "don't like this" from one, single individual that would just be the end of it for all?! A very strange take on the "the people have spoken" concept indeed if that was to be the case wink

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)