Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
There are OBVIOUSLY many great things that can be said for this song. Many have already been said. Many have also said that many have already been said. So I'm going to focus on just a few.

Quote:
every year the number gets a little smaller
every year bone pile a little taller

I love the contrast in this! It makes it SO powerful and grabs attention right away...of course strengthened by rhyme. Nice!

Quote:
poachers grow like a cancer

What an amazing line! Associating two horrible in such a powerful way. Wow...just..wow!

if not you and me, who will have the answer?
will you turn away when you hear their cries?

Quote:
what we gonna tell our children
what we gonna say we did
that we let the rhino end
or that we saved them for our kids
stand up for the sake of your sons
raise your voice for your daughters
give them a future
together we can stop the slaughter
so tell me...
what we gonna tell our children

You know how to tug heart strings my friend! The way you go about it is brilliant! Children/End Bringing kids/children into it THEN stating sons and daughters...with the rhyme of slaughter..just CRAZY great writing!

Quote:
raise your voice for your daughters

Literally raising your voice, a high point in the song with the lyric. Emotional man!

All delivered with a bold, strong feel to the chorus. To me this is a "call to action!" a bit of a "wake up call" without being offensive. It. Just. Makes. You. Think. The best way to change a person's thinking, is getting them to think!

Quote:
educate the world
it's just a fairy tale
no magic in the horn
just a con man sale
wasting your money
won't cure a thing
death of the beast
is all it can bring

Perfectly said. Is this not the solution? Kill the market save the animal! Again, change the thinking.

FJ, I haven't been commenting on your songs, because it could really be a "copy and paste" set of comments. I do, however, ALWAYS listen. I just felt the need to comment on this one. I see it. I get it. Thank you for sharing this! People NEED to hear this song!

Caaron - It is always nice to have the craft of the writing recognized by those who hold it most dear. You covered it all so nicely, I am happy to simply say Thanks! for such a nice review and "lyric dive"... it is, sincerely, appreciated...