Than you Will and the Bob brigade (rsdean,Bob Buford and Robert) for taking the time to listen to this experiment. It is appreciated.

CONVERSATION AFTER THIRTY YEARS

So here is number 14. These most haunting lyrics were written by Elizabeth Petty. I just don't know whether they are happy or sad or just plain realistic and I also can't decide if I want to end up this way or if I don't. But I nearly weep everytime I think about them.

Anyway, here is my musical take on them. One person on the FAWM forum said it reminded them of Simon and garfunkel "bookends".

If you listen on headphones you will notice that I panned the versus and the "choruses" to opposite sides to give the feeling of a conversation between two people. I balanced this panning with midi generated lines that follow the line of my vocal. I pitched up the verse midi line and used a violin. For the "chorus" I pitched the midi line down and used a cello. The idea was to give the impression of the versus being sung by a woman and the "choruses" being the mans reply.
Lyrics:
do you think it will stay this warm
from now until the start of spring?
or do you think it's a fluke kind of
bizarre climate change thing?
em
I don't really know.
whatever you believe
I will say that it is so

should we take the dog next time to a
new and different dog groomer?
or do you like the old puppy cut
she got from that lady on Spooner?

I don't really care
do what you think is best
for her and her hair.

did you see that the Bedfords
bought a new car I think it's a Jeep?
or do you think it is a Japanese
look a-like one they bought for cheap?

I don't really think
what the neighbors get
haven't seen their new car yet

did you ever imagine we would be
together for over thirty years?
do you ever remember worrying
that we would lack things to say dear?

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/