Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Nice article..... plenty of take away quotes. The trivia facts about Paul McCartney were fascinating and the whole article for me is the cocoon for the advice my brother Harold tried to drill into me that while longevity is a nearly unattainable and unlikely goal, getting it right just once brings a euphoria and payoff that is forever worth all the work and effort.

Harold believed everyone has at least one hit song in them, it just had to be worked and drawn out of them and the opportunity seized the moment it arises. He saw many many examples throughout his career of unlikely songs by unlikely writers having the stars align for them through exactly the right circumstances and people coming together at just the right moment for the magic to happen. Most times, that magic never happened for that person again -- but the lesson was always -- that the unlikely can happen and it can happen to me.

I also got carried off on rabbit trails with some of the side videos and was really intrigued with one about all the rip-off hits produced by Dr. Luke.

Charlie

Ol' Harold could really play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFsOggtJ80

Regards,

Bob