Originally Posted By: J. Larry
My old Windows 7 with core i7 boots much faster, but I don’t know, or care, how to measure it. I just watch it until it comes on. The faster speed is nice to have, but not nearly as much as correcting the faulty frozen tracks that wouldn’t play previously. That’s a big deal to us live players, who had to wait an eternity for 6 or 7 real tracks to load, some of which had solos. You can imagine the wait time, with folks staring at you wondering when the song will start. Now, if PG Music could get non-frozen real tracks to load blazingly fast, that would really be something to celebrate.

Larry, this is all computer dependent. Look at my specs. I can have a complex song using 6 or 7 RT's including a soloist and it generates in 3-4 seconds with an SSD main drive. Speed means horsepower and it costs money even if it's a computer and not a car...

The bigger question or actually two, are you using the Conductor to change the arrangement on the fly or are you using a multichannel mixer to make tweaks live? If the answer to those two things is no then why bother with messing with a laptop on stage? Just create some wav's or MP3's and then use any one of several setlist apps and play the songs from your phone or a tablet.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.