Back to John's post about Windows 7 being "rushed to release", I don't agree (and I generally do agree with John). Yes, Windows 7 was made to correct most of the annoyances of Vista, but it has been tested far longer than prior OS releases from Microsoft. Beta testing started last February or so. I've had the release candidate running since May and that was a month or so after it became available. I've been using the final release version for several weeks and already received the normal Tuesday night updates from Microsoft . The version shipping tomorrow was finalized in July so it could go to the OEMs to put it on PCs and have them ready to sell tomorrow. This may be the smoothest roll-out of an OS from Microsoft ever. Let's hope, anyway.

Guitarman, John is right about the browser. My USA version did have Internet Explorer 8 as part of the regular full install.

The only thing I've done to the OS so far is deactivate Windows Media Player's phoning home and checking the Internet.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors