Eddie, if you thought all I was upset about in Windows 10 was the [potential, but highly likely] lack of updated drivers for my interfaces, you did not read everything I wrote. I repeat: I despise 10.

I immersed myself in PC mechanics in the early 1990s, reading thousands of pages in textbooks and manuals, eventually taking a Microsoft certification course in 2000. I refused to take the test when I saw this question in the study guide: "Microsoft Windows is the most elegant operating system ever devised by the mind of man: T/F?" What arrogance.

I worked for pay configuring, repairing, and upgrading PCs for many years, though, from DOS 3.x to 6.22, and all versions of Windows from 3.1 to 7. I am not speaking from a vacuum.

You commented on Microsoft patching Windows security holes. One thing you and everyone reading should know is that, when MS releases a new version, THEY LEAVE THE SAME SECURITY HOLES THAT THE PREVIOUS VERSION HAD TO START WITH. This was true at least through XP.

If they do it differently now, that's great, but it is one reason that I am so big on third-party security apps, and a large part of why I dislike MS so much. (Incidentally, a long-time MS employee told me a few years ago that they had released a new version of their flagship database to enterprise customers with known, major security holes.)

So device drivers aren't their responsibility. Pfeh. They still suck at what they do.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."