Originally Posted By: bluage
Hi, there, "Charlie Fogle"...

I think the term "country" in "country music" is a misnomer. Let's put the word "truth" in front of the word "music", and then we'll be closer to describing what we're getting when we listen to it...

Mr. Fogle, from the opening verse of "Every Time" and all the way through to the end, a series of images connected to some universally experienced feelings rolls right on by our ears like a big, battered and road-dusted rig carrying a heavy cargo of painful memories. And if I didn't know the song was a product of BIAB, I'd ask you who your "sidemen" were. Your chord changes reflect the bitter taste of your lyrics.

Your singing voice has that quality of long-accepted sadness that sounds quite authentic to me, which makes it all the more easier to understand why forum member “HearToLearn” commented:

“I literally thought to myself, ‘How awful to have that happen to such a great guy! Then I remembered this was just a song!”

I’m hearin’ him loud n’ clear! “Every Time” is like a monologue of wistful recollections set to music.

I’d put another quarter in that jukebox, anytime…

LOREN (a.k.a. “bluage”)

Loren, thank you for such a gratifying and encouraging post. I can't think of anything that can put a bigger smile on my face today than your comments. I truly appreciate it.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Charlie !:))

Like this tune and the
way you treat it !:))
Great Country with a
big C

Can see you performing this
at some Honky Tonk with
all people dancing !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani. I'd just hope that honky tonk is beach front somewhere so you can come join us when you're done surfing...

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Great, Charlie! This is easily my favorite of yours. Love the backing, and your vocals fit it well. Good job on the lyrics as well. Really enjoyed it!

Steve

Thanks for stopping by for a listen and taking time to comment. Glad you enjoyed it.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.