Alan and Di,

This is absolutely superb.

At the moment, I'm sitting here with Soundcloud on repeat and the track is looping as I type. The flow of both the melody and Di's beautiful singing, the smoothness of both the chord progression and the arrangement, and the noteworthy skill with which the orchestration is woven are all truly inspired music making. I love the way that you've used those diminished chords.

Everything about this presentation sits so very comfortably with everything else. And then there's that elusive familiarity factor that is so hard to obtain. As I'm listening, I can't help feeling that this song has been a personal favourite song of mine for many, many years even though I know that that is not the case. To be able to capture that quality, like you have so very competently done, is nothing short of cutting-edge songwriting.

In my mind, as I hear Di singing, I have an image of Patsy Cline. As floyd said, "she owns this one"... absolutely beautiful work.... and then some!

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Di, I'm sending a bundle healing thoughts your way smile Hope things improve soon for you.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024