Hi Everyone,

I come from an IT background and it would really help me to understand how to use BIAB if I could understand how the various files (Styles/RealTracks/RealDrums) relate and work with each other.

Via the 'Copy List' buttons, I've exported the data for Styles/RealTracks/RealDrums and inserted the results into a spreadsheet and I'm just trying to work out the relationships between the 3 exports.

I'd also like to understand, the relationships between the styles loaded and the (seemingly random) variations each time I re-load the song or when I change key.

It's just the way my brain works. I like to know when I push a button, "From which file is that sound coming from?". And when it plays a variation "Why did it change? From which file did that come form? Can I specify a different file?" Etc, etc..

This is potentially a topic that could generate long replies, so any links would be helpful on the technical/database side of BIAB. On the off chance anyone comes from a Database background and produced a Flow/ER Diagram that would be the cat's whiskers...!

All the best, and many thanks for any pointers.

StaffsLebowski..

Don't force it, use a bigger hammer..

BIAB 2023 | STEINBERG UR22 | RODE NT1 | GRETSCH G5420T | REAPER DAW
WIN 10 PRO 64-BIT | OFFICE 365 | INTEL CORE I3 3.30GHZ | 12GB RAM | 2 X 2TB HDD