First of all, let me say a big thank you to all for taking the time to reply. Time is a precious things so thanks for freely giving me some of yours..

Noel96:<<If you go to the below web page, you'll find some videos that might be useful.>>

Are you referring to a specific video that relates to my question? If so, can you tell me which one you recommend I watch?

Matt Finley:<<I also taught database theory.>>

Great! That makes it so much easier to explain some things (and hopefully get some answers). For me, when I'm new to a software system, the first thing I ask for is the ER Diagram to help me find my way around. (For those of you who are not from a database background, an ER Diagram is similar to an architects drawing). Understanding how the files are connected helps me to understand how to use the program. It's just the way my brain works..

<<The randomness is a feature, desirable by many of us>>

I agree it's desirable in some circumstances but, I have 4 bars of guitar, playing an F#m7 with a nice riff. For some reason, sometimes on bar 3 or 4, BIAB substitutes the original riff in bars 1 and 2, and plays something different in bars 3 and 4. That's may be a great feature in some circumstances but, I was very happy with the riff in bars 1 and 2 and didn't want it to change in bars 3 and 4.

JFord:<<your exported list of styles contains all the "style" (.sty) files you have, where each style file defines the instruments/riffs/sounds played on each of five tracks (bass, drums, piano, guitar, and strings)>>

If each Style (.sty) can have many 'elements' (ie: instruments, RealTracks, drums etc), do you know where I can get a list of those individual elements for each style? In the StylePicker form, there's a 'memo' box in the bottom left corner that details these elements, so, the information is available, somewhere.. Maybe this memo is stored in a separate file as it's not included in the export.

One again, thank you for your time and input,

Kind regards,

Staffs Lebowski..

Last edited by StaffsLebowski; 04/18/17 01:10 PM.

Don't force it, use a bigger hammer..

BIAB 2023 | STEINBERG UR22 | RODE NT1 | GRETSCH G5420T | REAPER DAW
WIN 10 PRO 64-BIT | OFFICE 365 | INTEL CORE I3 3.30GHZ | 12GB RAM | 2 X 2TB HDD