I served as a beta tester for another software program (the name isn't important since it wasn't for music, and they're gone now, compliments of Microsoft competition). The company posted bug reports in an area accessible only by developers and testers, which obviously meant they received and 'acknowledged' the report. The reports were loosely categorized by function, such as editing, printing, etc. I thought this system was very effective, since testers could check first before reporting a bug. Sometimes the developers would comment, but no promises were made.

Many BIAB users may not know there is constant development work being done by some experienced users who do testing of pending releases. We also report problems to the developers that we think might not have been noticed by staff in the general forums.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors