Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
The thing we all have to remember, it's not about sound, it's about emulation of the characteristics of the instrument we are portraying and it's about delivering an expressive performance.

Hear ye, hear ye!

I purchased a MIDI sound device (OK, lots), I can't remember which brand, maybe it was Roland or Yamaha. Not important. It had a built in "MIDI demo" of what it could deliver. I played it in the store. Wow. You'd have reckoned you were at a live concert.

Do you think I could repeat that performance using a keyboard for input? You're right. Not a chance. A massive effort, far beyond what a keyboard could deliver went, must have gone into producing that orchestration.

It was all about the expressive performance.

Real players provide that expressive performance with a real instrument and their own learned skills, and if you want to do it with MIDI, it can be done, but you need the tools and the learned skills to achieve it also.

My 2c.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones