Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Classic!

Charlie, this is really well done! Everything about this "screams" the roots of Country music. Classic use of a steel opening and an underlying fiddle.

The background vocals are...well...classic! Jordanaires-like... the solos fit the genre, perfectly.

Your vocal is terrific. Authentic. Again, the roots of Country.

Good mix. Hard to believe you do all of that in BIAB.

A terrific "sad story write". Well done through and through....

floyd

Thanks Floyd. I feel I almost owe Don Gaynor a co-write. After listening to his fine cover of 'Crazy Arms' in another thread a couple of times, I downloaded his song and ran it through the ACW. It became the foundation of this song. His cover was authentic classic country and was the key to the vibe of this song, providing the authentic length and structure of a classic country song. His great rendition also put me in such a mood for the style that my lyrics literally flowed out in one quick session with the exception of the last line. I struggled with the last line a bit but was determined to write my song to the specific length and structure of his song.

The Jordanaires are an afterthought.... I completed the write and recording so quickly and was playing around with backing vocals to see if I could develop anything additional to add to the song. I initially overlooked muting the channels when I rendered the song. They made my wife laugh so hard when I was checking the playback that I decided to leave them rather than render the song again for publishing... Comic relief I guess...

I'm really enjoying working within Band in a Box for instrumentation. It's giving me a good workflow where I can concentrate on the arrangement and make changes and audition different instruments quickly and without leaving BIAB. Using multiple instruments on the same track has so far rendered excellent crossfades between the instruments. To date, I've not had any conflicts. Using the Stylepicker, I can quickly audition and locate suitable backing rhythm instruments and soloists from other styles. I use the stock PGMusic plug-ins and so far, have not found the need to export tracks to a DAW to improve what I've been able to generate in BIAB.

Thanks for the listen and nice comments.

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 05/14/17 02:53 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.