I started out using the demo song as a template. I changed the chords quite a bit here and there, so I am not worried about that too much. The part that I overlooked was the Rock organ "melody" during the verse part -- that didn't change (and I understand why). Now, I don't consider that part a melody, since the vocal melody line is different.

So my plan now is to not worry about it until the song is pretty much done. Then I will either go in and try and modify that BIAB "melody" section manually so it is different or have my wife just compose a whole new section (I've tried re-generating the melody, but it always sounds bad -- which leads me to believe that this part was actually composed by a real person). I don't mind if that part had an influence on my final vocal melody, I just don't want to plagiarize the PGM demo song on the rock organ part (which it seems that I have done).

I am having an impossible time modifying that line by hand, though. Maybe I'll just export the midi over to Cakewalk and see if it is easier to edit there.

Thanks,

Kevin

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud