Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Noel

Very excellent and beautiful tune!
I felt a latin melody a little bit in this tune.
Making the song with heavily using II-V makes me feel your definite composition skills.
Regarding this song, maybe it was probably composed after finishing to write the lyrics.
You usually write a melody first or lyrics first?
By the way, in my case, melody first more than 90% in the past, and almostly lyrics first lately.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki Adachi,

Thank you for once again having a listen to my songs.

You are totally right! I wrote the lyrics to this one first and then the music. Most of the time, I write lyrics and melody together. That is I get a few words together and they inspire a melody. Then that melody inspires a few more words... etc.

It's rare for me to write the music for a whole song first and then the lyrics (although I've done this with some of my songs). If I begin with music, I usually write a verse or chorus as a starting place for the song. Then I work on the lyrics.

With this song, because I was concentrating on getting this rhyme scheme correct, writing the lyrics first seemed like the best way to go. I didn't add the bridges until I'd finished the verses.

Thanks again for taking time and for commenting! It's always a pleasure to see you.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024