I'm re-posting my songs so I can update the links to my Soudcloud page... since all my songs have been deleted from the site I originally used. I will do this gradually so as not to overwhelm or be disrespectful of other posters. smile
Hard to believe this was over 6 years ago! crazy

(2/8/11)
Here's my latest creation. I've been working on this for the last couple of weeks.

I got a new Fender Telecaster Custom Deluxe from the Fender Custom Shop almost three weeks ago (nicest guitar I've ever owned) and I can't seem to put the dang thing away and not play it.

Anyway, I was practicing with a backing track on my Fender G-Dec amplifier and came up with this lick that just sounded so cool with my new Tele. So I decided to see if I could come up with a whole song based on this backing track & lick. So I brought the midi file (drums, bass & strings) into RB and changed them to audio files and adjusted to the right length, then added some other RealDrum tracks and brought them all into Reaper, then added my guitar parts & vocals. So the only RT's are the drum parts. I also did something different in that I used my JamVox for the guitar parts (which I usually do) but this time instead of recording the guitars dry and adding FX in Reaper, I used the FX from the guitar settings in JamVox 'cause I really liked the way they sounded. Most of the guitar parts are my new Tele but my Strat does have a track as well.
(Had to... he was gettin' jealous)

The song is meant to make you grin. It is a little long so we'll call it the dance mix.

All comments welcome.

Greg

https://soundcloud.com/user-813802595/rub-it

©2011 Greg Achord

(16 bar intro)

Rub It

Girl I wanna’ take you on a ride with me
There’s somethin’ there I hope your gonna’ wanna’ see
Leavin’ all your worries and your troubles behind
Come on girl we got a party to find

It’s time to rub it… (Intro Lick)

I don’t think you know it but your just my kind
Girl we gotta’ find a way to be entwined
You and me you know we fit just like a glove
There’s somethin’ here I think you better get hold of

It’s time to rub it… (Rythm) (8 bar intro lick)

Now girl you shouldn’t sit there just a wonderin’ why
You didn’t take a chance you didn’t even try
You said you wanna’ party for the rest of the night
So why you wanna’ hit me with a big red light

It’s time to rub it… (Rythm) (8 bar intro lick) (freeform solo)

I’m gonna’ give you one more chance to see it my way
I promise I don’t bite girl I just wanna’ play
Don’t tell me one more time just to leave you alone
Give a guy a break throw a dog a bone

It’s time to rub it… (Rythm) (8 bar intro lick) (16 bar outro)