Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Jimi!!!

Foxy Lady!!!!!

That's what I'm talking about.

Loved it. You sound like two Voodoo Chiles.

smile

Good ear, David!

Yeah, Jimi was special. Great guitar player of course, but also a great songwriter! That Axis Bold as Love album ... not a bad track on it!

There is this concert series up here called Classic Albums Live, not sure if that is just a Canadian thing or not. Anyway they have this core group of musicians that will take a classic rock album and will reproduce the entire thing note for note, so sometimes you can have a lot of musicians on stage. Very cool on some albums where there were lots of extra tracks done in the studio that the bands could not reproduce live, some of the later Beatles albums for example.

Long story short, a couple of months ago they did "Are you experienced" for the first set, and then most of "Axis Bold of Love" plus a few from "Electric Ladyland" for the second set. Pretty much blew me away hearing all those great songs again, and hearing them live for the first time.

So I came up with the riff for this shortly after seeing that, and used the "Hendrix" chord, E7#9, which he used in Foxy Lady and Purple Haze.

Thanks man, I appreciate the listen and comments! smile