Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Floyd, this is simply great songwriting! You have presented us with a very large body of work, but in my humble opinion, this is one of your very best! You should be proud of this one! Also, lets not forget James Taylor in that list of writers. I could hear subtle hints of his influence in the music bed of this one. Two thumbs up! Torrey

Thanks, Torrey, that is much appreciated... JT influenced me as much as any did... though I never thought of him as a "story teller writer" - more a "song guy"...

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I grew up listening to a lot of songwriting story tellers.
John Prine, Steve Goodman, Danny O'Keefe, Randy Newman.
Jim Croce, Paul Simon, Kris Kristofferson, Billy Joel.
Cat Stevens, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Bruce Sprinsteen.
Joni Mitchell, Jerry Jeff Walker, Janis Ian, Gordon Lightfoot.
Tom Waits. Harry Chapin. (The masters...)

I heard Alan Shamblin once say that he liked to feed his brain with great music. He said the computer science guys at his college said "garbage in, garbage out". So apparently, Floyd fed his brain with great music, and great music comes out. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a pretty melody, and a sad story delivered with wonderful craft. AND, what a great use of BIAB. If I worked at PG music, I would ask Floyd for permission to use this to market the product- "This is what this product is capable of in the right hands". This is masterful!! It belongs on the PG wall of fame! Great one Floyd! Take care. Greg

Greg - thanks for such a wonderful review... any time you get a chance to sit around listening to guys like Alan talk about songwriting, it is time well spent...