Originally Posted By: RichRayer
I see no place in WinZip where the option, "open first segment from within the program" is offered.
That is because that quote was me referencing my own earlier advice, i.e. to to start up your zip program and from within that program locate the first segment.
I'm obviously not doing a very good job of explaining with just words what I meant, and since I'm on a different platform, I cannot give you any visual aid like a screenshot to illustrate what I'm thinking of. Nor can I actually see what you have already tried, which just adds to why this is all getting so convoluted.

But still, here's yet another try, with apologies in advance if the following is sounding too simplistic - but rather that than the opposite, right:

1. Open your zip program.

2. In that zip program there must be a command or menu item that lets you locate a file for extraction (either as "Extract", "Unzip" or "Open"), almost certainly under the 'File' menu of your zip program.

3. Use this method to select the .001 file!

4. Upon doing this, you then should either have the option to extract/unzip the segments (provided they're all in the same place).

Do these instructions make sense now? For that was really all I meant smirk

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)