It works with the Garritan Aria player on my machine, so I can't duplicate the error.

The "Not found" error sounds like it's not finding the samples. These particular .sfz files have the path to the samples as a relative path. If you aren't seeing any samples

For example, the path to the Ah samples is set in the .sfz file must be located in the choir Ah samples located directly under the .sfz directory:

default_path=\choir Ah samples\

Did you possibly move the .sfz file without moving the sample with them? The error I get when I have the samples in the wrong location looks like this:

slot 0
Not sounds asset loaded
Not found:
C:/ ... blah ... /Vowel Choir SFZ/choir Ah samples/Ah_A3_loud.wav
C:/ ... blah ... /Vowel Choir SFZ/choir Ah samples/Ah_A4_loud.wav
C:/ ... blah ... /Vowel Choir SFZ/choir Ah samples/Ah_A5_loud.wav
C:/ ... blah ... /Vowel Choir SFZ/choir Ah samples/Ah_B3_loud.wav
C:/ ... blah ... /Vowel Choir SFZ/choir Ah samples/Ah_B4_loud.wav
C:/ ... blah ... /Vowel Choir SFZ/choir Ah samples/Ah_B5_loud.wav
C:/...

Also, the keys remain dimmed out since no sample is assigned.

If so, either move the sample folder as well, or edit the path to the samples to an absolute position. (Moving the sample folder is obviously simpler).

The .sfz file is just a plain text file, so you can edit it in a simple plain text editor such as Notepad.

By the way, sforzando automatically reloads .sfz files when it detects they've been changed. So you can load the .sfz in sforzando, edit and save the file in Notepad, and toggle back to sforzando, and the new version will automatically be reloaded.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?