Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "Noel96"...

"I Like Walking Beside You" is such a simple title that one easily could overlook the pure, child-like wonderfulness of it!

You consistently (and seemingly quite effortlessly) produce songs with the most exuberantly optimistic lyrics describing both the sublime and the more overt pleasures of being in loving relationships with others. In a metaphorical way I regard them as little fists of hope being shaken defiantly and directly in the face of bitter cynicism, apathy, and lack of faith in our collective ability to make this world a much, much better place than it sometimes seems to be. God bless you for offering up to us such serene musical visions of the elements of true happiness!

The addition of a fiddle solo atop the lush and sophisticated-sounding bossa nova rhythm I think was a startling and novel musical move that caught me so off-guard that I could only shake my head and smile at the sheer, creative inspiration of it.

I'm super-glad I gave it a listen. Good luck to you, sir.

LOREN

Gosh, Loren... I don't know what to say after reading your comments! Thanks so very much for taking the time to have a listen and then to write such uplifting words. I'll remember these for a long, long time!

None of what I do would be possible without Band In A Box. I absolutely love that I can enter a chord progression and then write in any style. This is something that I could never do with just me and a piano. BIAB opens so very many songwriting doors for me.

Finding that the country fiddle worked against the bossanova was luck! I like playing around with mixing genres. BIAB often surprises in this regard (just like the XTRA Styles Paks show).

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024