Right, I'm also assuming we are talking about notation software. I bought Forte, tried it, and went back to Encore. I see some benefit in learning it but I'm so entrenched in the Encore approach for over twenty-five years (long-time beta tester) that I don't want to take the time. I can report it was stable, which Encore is not. It's just that every notation program has wildly differing user interfaces and methods of working, perhaps more so than in any other genre of software I've ever used. I instantly hate or love each one I've tried. Mostly hate.

Afterthought: I recall doing some experiments with a number of Music XML features in several notation software programs. At that time, maybe 18 months ago, Forte would not deal with a file produced by BIAB. More annoying, it gave no reason why - no error message or explanation. MuseScore, for example, is the best at diagnosing errors in a Music XML file that I have found (and it's free).

Last edited by Matt Finley; 08/02/17 07:15 AM.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors