A faster computer will not have an affect on your tempo but it will affect processing. That is the faster the processor speed the faster the processing. Thus a song's generation will be faster with a faster computer. I have an i7, 3.40 GHz CPU, 64 bit system that is fast.

The difference in i3-i7 is the number of processing cores. The more cores the faster your multitasking processing. Some programs like my Sonar DAW uses all 8 cores. I believe BiaB and RT will use multiple cores.

The question is how are you going to use the computer? Are you going to use it just for BiaB, RT and the Internet? Do you have or will you ever purchase a powerful DAW, or other software like Kontakt, large VSTis, or photographic processing software. If you are only going to use it for BiaB, RT and the Internet then you don't need the most powerful computer and the i3 with 8 gigs of ram should be fine.

Personally I would buy the largest 64 bit, i version with 16 gigs of ram that I could afford. From what others have posted BiaB and RT sound great with large 64 bit VSTis like Kontakt, Sampletank 3 and other.

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware