Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Great article (or blog) Bob,

a well thought out piece, you turned someone on to BIAB,
that's great. I don't understand why there's still a lot of resistance by musicians to check out this program. Most everyone nowadays uses drum loops or midi drums, we've got so much more with BIAB,as for writing, I always have a story in my head, how can I tell the story if I don't know it myself, I've been surprised at co-writing attempts when the other person didn't know what their song was about or where it was going. Sometimes there are nice surprises but still...now I'm just going on...having said that, I do believe there's a million ways to write a song whoever has good tools in their writing tool box, they're gonna come up with something

enjoyed this a lot
Kenny

Hi Kenny,

You make some good points. Nearly everyone has their own methodology for writing a song that is more or less a variation of some of the more common approaches. For folks just getting started I say do some reading and get educated about the basic process. Kind of like we do with singing or learning to play an instrument: Imitate and then innovate. Whatever works for you is what works. And everyone has something unique to offer.

Appreciate your input. Thanks
Bob grin