Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Snip ... 2.) And yes, so much much done today is loops and samples. But those loops and samples are pretty much obnoxious noise. BIAB does not produce noise it produces MUSIC. So the reason for NOT using it is.....???? snip ...

I'm enjoying this conversation and learning from it. However David, I was disappointed to read point # 2 quoted above.

Loops and samples can be sources of inspiration when someone is searching for song ideas. Use a guitar, keyboard or horn riff that sets your imagination on fire. Update your music with sounds and tones typically found outside the genre of your song project. Loops and samples can be easily imported into BiaB and RealBand if that's what one desires.

One of the unrecognized strengths of Band-in-a-Box and RealBand is they are so very versatile.

You want to be inspired by midi? Like other music program the programs can import midi, including midi loops but, unlike other music programs the midi patterns built into the styles also let you easily create your own midi masterpieces.

Every other audio music program can record audio and use samples or loops but they can't use RealTracks or RealDrums. RealTracks and RealDrums are exclusive to Band-in-a-Box and RealBand.

So you can use Band-in-a-Box and RealBand to perform the same functions as any other music program and so much more. Loop and samples are tools you can use just like RealTracks.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home