Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Got it, I think. SFZ is using a sound from a RT and using it as a MIDI sound source. Right?

Unless I am the one have invaded the la-la-land, u r right.. And that was the reason I posted the Idea that RT is an ideal source to make Sound Fonts from, but it needs to be made in a proper way, and I guess some of the staff in PG-Music is the one to made the one that we got with 2017, that I use a lot...

Seems like there is a need for a clarification on the matter?

No I got it. This is a good idea for those who use RTs and want to add a lead or harmony to a RT via MIDI.

A workaround would be to sample a sound from an RT, convert it to a soundfont with Creative's Vienna:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Other-AUDIO-Tools/Creative-Vienna-SoundFont-Studio.shtml

then play it in either a soundfont player or SFZ.

Back a few years ago when SF2s were the big thing I used to chop wavs, usually a number of them to cover a better range of the instrument without artifacts, then use Vienna to make a SF2. Thus I know it works but off course I forgot how to do it!

Note that Vienna is an old program and may or may not work with today's computers. You may have to use compatibility mode.

There are probably other methods out there but I just remembered about Vienna.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware