Great blog and conversation here in the forum. I am new to BIAB but can already see the potential. You make many valid points about the cost and quality of recording in a studio. About 5 years ago i was going to record a couple demo songs in Nashville. The price fo 2 songs unmastered was going to be over $5,000. Due to unforseen circumstances I was unable to afford to return to Nashville and record. Thinking back it may have been for the best. Although I'm sure the quality would have been good there is no way to know if songs would have turned out how I heard them in my head. The producer may have had a totaly different interpretation than i had.

Since that time i have started recording and producing my own music. One of the largest problems i have had though is finding quality midi sounds for instruments i would like in my songs.(Fiddle, Mandolin, Steel Guitar) Now that I've found BIAB I believe i can finally make some authentc sounding country music using Real Tracks of actual instruments, and best of all I have all the control and all the time in the world to perfect my tracks to my liking.

The one thing I had hoped to read in your blog was more of a technical insite as to how you use BIAB to creat your music. Do you plan on going into that more in other blog posts?

Samuel Davis Jr
BIAB 2018 + Cubase + Ignite
BMI

www.sammycountry.com