I hung out for a few hours and watched a band in Cleveland, called Clevelend, play for 100 hours and change to set a record. However, the rules were EXTREMELY liberal... There were sub players allowed. Only one member of the real band roster had to be on the stage at a time. They got to take 10 (I think - it was LONG ago) minutes break per hour, and they were allowed to bank their breaks, so after X number of hours they had banked X x 10 minutes in break time, and they slept. And remember, one by one they were allowed to come off stage, and they could nap then too. As I recall, the drummer quit the band part way through, and they were so zombied out by the end of it they were doing things like playing Old Time Rock And Roll for 20 minutes, Gloria for a half hour.... They had a bar sponsor the thing and they were provided with food and drinks. Radio, TV stations covered it, etc. They did follow the rules, and in fact there was always more than one band roster player on stage. They were a 6 piece band.

And once they finished, and the record was validated, a band somewhere broke that record about a month later. Actually, I think it was one of the dumbest things I ever heard of to beat your body up over having a record for a month.

But hey, I didn't lose any sleep over it. (Get it? Sleep?)

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.