This brings up a good point for folks to remember.

A DX(i) instrument or effect, while working very similarly to a VST(i) instrument or effect (and in fact, some companies make equivalent versions in both formats), are loaded very differently.

DX/DXi, while still created as a DLL file, are entered into the Windows registry when you install them (and you have to install them). Then, an application that support DX/DXi instruments effects queries the registry to see what is available and the registry entries provides the information about what and where to load the effect.

VST/VSTi effects and instrumetns don't necessarily need to be "installed" (although many are, but usually for licencing/authorizing purpose). But they must be loaded manually one DLL at a time. Yes, many DAW's automate that for you by scanning available VST/VSTi's and creating a list of the ones available, but in the end, it is just loading the VST/VSTi. They may also use the registry, but it is generally after you load them to check for things like whether you are authorized to load them.

There are more differences, but that gives an idea of why it was working. You can't load a DX/DXi as a VST/VSTi and vice versa.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com