Hi all. I'm not a professional musician but I'd describe myself as a serious amateur. Until July I enjoyed playing jazz solo on the piano, and I still enjoy that, but after buying BIAB two months ago I realize it has given me options that I didn't have before. But the tinny sound from the MacBook Pro laptop leaves a lot to be desired. I do have a sonos speaker but it only connects through Sonos, so I have to convert to MP3 first. I'd like to be able to connect my laptop directly to a speaker system but I know zilch about the mechanics.

The laptop has 4 Thunderbolt3(USB-C) ports, and headphone/mic jack. I have connectors that convert the ports to USB3 and HDMI ports.

Basically I'd like to play the piano with the backing tracks I've developed using BIAB. I wouldn't be recording and it's unlikely I'm going to play with other musicians but I intend to get a MIDI keyboard at some point and the ability to plug in a microphone (not for me!) would be good as I want to keep these options open.

Some ideas on a basic setup would be appreciated.

Last edited by Genghis_McCann; 09/03/17 01:23 PM.

Equipment: Yamaha 5'6" grand piano. BIAB for Macintosh 2017 --> 2020. MacBook Pro. Focusrite 2i2, Yamaha YC 88 keyboard

"Why do I have to go to school, Grandad? If I watch YouTube I'll know everything!"
- Grandson #3