Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
OK, you asked.

First reason has already been mentioned, ST3 is not midi compatible. That is a big downside for a program like BIAB.

I really think what Dan meant to say:

ST3 is not GENERAL MIDI (aka GM) compatible (becasue it IS MIDI compatible, all day long)

as far as how good it "sounds" that's purely subjective as well as based on what and how you plan to use it and what sounds you want it for.

But never pay full MSRP for ST3, or Kontakt, or Rapture Pro, or UVI libraries, or E-W, Omnisphere 2, or AD2, or AK, or Ezdrummer, or EZKeys, or ANY sampler/sample playback tool or their propriety libs - they ALL go on sale, at some point in the year and with silly season approaching - PAY ATTENTION and SAVE money.

And if not on sale some on-line retailers will put make it a "Group Buy" sale (more sold the cheaper), a holiday sale, a promotional sale, or give additional "in basket" discounts (like JRR Shop online does a lot)

Good Luck
Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20